Tech cofounder/team member for MiddleGrounds
MiddleGrounds strives to make the planning and trading of fresh and local farming produce easier and more efficient, and encourage the growth of such a practice. In light of recent findings, we have just taken a rather large pivot towards a solution that more comprehensively addresses the problems of an even bigger market. We are a building a database of farmers and buyers of local produce that will enable users to reduce their risk and have better access to trading partners. Our mission is to become the data hub of farmers and larger than household buyers of fresh local produce within the NC region. We seek to stimulate local farming and aid small businesses through encouraging the trade of fresh, local produce, while upholding the traditional values held within the North Carolina farming community.
We are looking for a backend or full stack developer to join a motivated and passionate team of diverse individuals. Our idea has support from 1789 Venture Lab, as well as other entrepreneurship organizations, and we’re excited to take it to the next level!
Here are the qualifications we are looking for:
- Experience with MySQL or similar database
- Understanding of JSON and data passing between backend and frontend
- An overarching understanding of full stack development for web applications
Additional recommended skills:
- AngularJS or similar front end framework
- Experience in application deployment
- Pipeline tools (Gradle, GulpJS)
- Package management tools (Bower, NPM)
- Scripting languages for data processing
- Experience with SSL Certificates
If you are interested in this position or have any questions, please email Sreya Atluri at Sreya.firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to hearing from you!